The Life, Times, and Misadventures of Dennis St. Michel, Viscount of Stokington, Soldier, Gambler, Diplomat, Scoundrel, Notorious Rakehell, and Lord of Menacing House, in his Own Words.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Apology

My most humble apologies to all of my most faithful Readers, as for the past several months I have been somewhat...indisposed, due to the machinations of several of my creditors, and have not had access to paper, pen, ink, or indeed much of anything save straw, a pallet, and a pair of shackles. My current domicile is a charming island off the coast of France. Well, I say charming, and undoubtedly it would be, but the man in the chamber next to me, a priest of some sort I gather, has gone rather mad, and raves daily about some treasure hidden on a distant isle. At first I was intrigued, but it tires one very quickly. Still, with luck I shall be at liberty to complete my memoirs, and I hope the next entry shall be made available to You very soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, my, i had so feared that you had met with some .... misfortune; welcome back indeed, your lordship!

An Admirer.

Ellie said...

Indeed; welcome back, Dennis St. Michel! I look forward to further tales of your exploits (or would that be further exploits of your tales?)

Brigid Keely said...

Hooray! You're back!

Anonymous said...

Dennis! So good to have you back! I knew my perseverance would pay off! And now....to the annals!